Introductions

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2008 at 1:30 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2008 at 1:02 PM
I figure it would be nice for us all to introduce ourselves so that we can see where we stand in terms of a team..

Name: Chance
Language Pref: C#
Time Zone: EST (but I only get about an average of 4 hours of sleep a night so I'm generally up..)
Experience: I started professional freelance web design & dev pretty young and have been doing it ever since. Along the way I've built a few content management systems, including a very direct CMS ontop of the MVC
Expertise: Although I've developed for awhile now, I wouldn't say that I've mastered anything in particular. When you do freelance you become a jack of all trades
Availability: I have to build a new content management system for myself anyways so I expect to be contributing a good amount of time to this project.
Apr 9, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Name Mike
Language Pref : C#
Time Zone: Alaska
Experience: 15 years or so not counthing my time dinking around as a kid. I wrote a bunch of code in classic asp and then moved out of development during asp.net webforms time frame. MVC has got me excited about development again, so I hope to catch up quickly. I have still been on a team with .NET developers and kept up with the trends, just have not written a lot of code myself.
Expertise: I too am a jack of all trades and a master of none. Actually I have quite a bit of networking, systems and programming experience. I love coming up with ideas and solving tough problems.
Avaliability: For the next 3 weeks, very limited. I am getting married Friday and then I am off to Hawaii for three weeks. I will be more avaliable after this trip.
Apr 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM
Name: Sruly Taber
Time Zone: GMT+2:00 Jerusalem, Israel
Experience: I am CIO at Linguistic Agents (a small Jerusalem start-up) and have been working on distributed Asp.net web-service apps for the past 2 years. Recently I started working on a more traditional web project with a UI, user management, etc...
Expertise: Nothing specific, Recently I have played with MVC, WCF, PFX, and Silverlight 2 beta. I dabbled in front end Asp.net to make a gui for my app but am definitely not a design pro
Availability: Passover is next week, so I won't be available too much then. I should be available for the next week and then again in about 2.5 weeks

Mike, Mazal Tov and don't work on you honey moon
Apr 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM
Name: Brad leach
Time Zone: GMT+10 Newcastle, Australia
Experience: 12 years programming. Used .NET Framework since 1.0 Beta 1
Expertise: A bit of a jack of all trades. I'm terrible at design, but trying to improve my skills in that area.
Availability: Unknown at this stage. I hope to update this sometime soon.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 1:07 AM
Name: Paul Vencill
Time Zone: GMT -5 Maryland USA
Experience: Varies from hardware, networking, server admin (army experience) to web design, web apps, and enterprise architectures (civilian).
Expertise: As everyone else, jack of all trades. Recent projects have honed my front end skills in JavaScript, Flash, and CSS, decent at design but not one of the greats. Really prefer coding in C# or SQL to anything else, but I'll go where the project takes me
Availability: Should be able to put in a few hours here and there up front, with more time after I get through this month
Apr 10, 2008 at 7:19 AM
Name: Clive Chinery
Language Pref: C# or VB.NET
Time Zone: GMT England
Experience: 29 years in IT, last 5 years with dot Net doing mainly web sites
Expertise: Strong in database design and data layer construction. Have written a couple of CMS systems in ASP.NET. Currently working on an MVC style system, however I would prefer to leave the GUI/CSS to others and concentrate on the database and data layer. I have the means to rapidly generate both stored procedures and data layer code from the database tables.
Availability: A few hours Sunday through Thursday evenings.
Apr 10, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Name: MildMG (hope you dont mind)
Time zone: Asia/Calcutta
Experience: 15 years, last 5 years with .NET, still skimming the surface, mainly websites
Expertise: Generalist. Can do a little bit of every thing. Would like to participate at every level in this project since all existing ASP.NET expertise is essentially out of the door from what I understand.
Availability: Mon-Sat 11pm to 1am Local time.
Apr 10, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Name: Thomas Freudenberg
Time Zone: GMT+1 Germany
Experience: 9 years full-time since university, .NET since its first drop; many years of WinForms in my job till last year, since then ASP.NET; Community Server MVP in my spare time
Expertise: generalist too; pretty good understanding of the mental model of users (both end users and API users/developers)
Availability: a couple of hours a week
May 23, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Name: Mike Surface
Language Pref: C#, T-SQL, Javascript
Time Zone: GMT-8 - Seattle, WA
Experience: 12 years - 6 with Microsoft technologies - mainly web
Expertise: I'm a graphical programmer :) - got my start as a Graphic Designer - then moved to database design - and now I'm fluent across all layers - I'm currently a lead developer/architect for a small group of developers working on migrating an old VB6 (don't choke) application to current technologies. I'm also working on a project that I would call a mini-CMS for various business groups - so they can have a presence on the corporate intranet - it currently works using tinyMCE as the WYSIWYG editor and storing versions in SQL Server - you can upload "assets" (images, documents, etc) and then place the assets on your pages. I would say my expertise would be in the UI layer - I'm very good with design and CSS, but also good with architecture and database design - I guess a jack of all trades - you tend to become one after years of experience :) But I wouldn't call myself a "hot shot" developer :)  I also have my MCSD.net for what its worth :)
Availability: 8-10 hrs per week