merge with mvcsamples

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM
I know this is too early in the project to do this, but when mvcms reaches a certain maturity we should merge with Rob Conery's mvcsamples codeplex project!

Thoughts?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2008 at 10:13 PM
That may be premature. I think this project has the capacity to become a very sturdy stand-alone content management platform, a place for people to not only reference for code, but also to build upon to suit their own needs. Look at projects like Haacked's Subtext, I doubt when he started that project that it would aspire to level that has.
Apr 11, 2008 at 10:53 PM
don't you think, at the very least, that "a version" of this should exist in the project called "MVC Sample Apps". After all, isn't that what we're doing here?

Also, I concider rails, prototype.js and scriptaculous to be 3 very different and separate projects but they are all hosted under the same svn repo and issue tracker. We can all coexist in the same codeplex project (assuming users can be added with the correct permissions)
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM
Oh no - I'm not dismissing the idea by any means. I just don't know if it would be a good idea to commit to anything like that yet. Personally I love the idea
Apr 17, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2008 at 10:42 PM

tgmdbm wrote:
I know this is too early in the project to do this, but when mvcms reaches a certain maturity we should merge with Rob Conery's mvcsamples codeplex project!

Thoughts?

Don't know about merging, but its certainly something worth our attention. Given that Rob:

1. Wrote the original eCommerce Starter Kit
2. Is heavily involved in getting the ASP.NET MVC bits out the door at MS
3. Is gearing the sample app towards the same end as this project

I'm really interested to see where that project goes.

-k