DB Uploaded

Coordinator
May 7, 2008 at 5:18 PM
Edited May 7, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Alright guys.. I finally got it uploaded. I'm really sorry about the delay.. there were mitigating circumstances (such as a 45 table oracle database for one of my classes, 5 final exams, and a massive group project) that I couldn't avoid but heres the rundown:

I uploaded a fresh MVC project along with the db. Right now, the DB is nothing but tables so if anyone has a tool that can generate the stored procs and run that, that will at least clear up the basic stored procs and I can work on the more advanced. If not, I will start writing them out by hand.

I lost my primary drive about a week and a half ago so unfortunately this is a very KISS revision of what I had. It's not nearly as complex as I had it / want it but at this point in the game we just need to start working (assuming there are still people that want to do this). After we get something very basic out - I will more than likely want to refractor the DB.

Let me know if you have the tool to generate the stored procs, I'll start working on them tonight but I'd much rather them generated for this round.
Coordinator
May 7, 2008 at 5:25 PM
By the way, I am going to continue working on this regardless of whether anyone wishes to stick around. I hope you do because I think this could be a great project for everyone and could really help promote the MVC architecture. The more people use it, the less likely we wont have to work in webforms at new jobs ;). Don't forget about the resume booster too!
May 7, 2008 at 9:22 PM
I don't want to nit-pick, but for the sake of i18n I suggest to use NVARCHAR instead of VARCHAR. We should respect that before it's too late ;-)
May 7, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Ill stay on as long as the project continues.

Chance, I think you should publish before this project gets deleted.
Coordinator
May 8, 2008 at 2:01 AM
Edited May 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM

thoemmi wrote:
I don't want to nit-pick, but for the sake of i18n I suggest to use NVARCHAR instead of VARCHAR. We should respect that before it's too late ;-)

Of course, sorry about that! Thats what I get for being in a hurry!

srulyt wrote:
Chance, I think you should publish before this project gets deleted.

Alright I published it - I said as little as possible in the description.
May 8, 2008 at 4:47 AM

ChanceUSC wrote:

No problem. I'm glad you uploaded at least something ;)
Coordinator
May 9, 2008 at 5:36 PM

thoemmi wrote:

ChanceUSC wrote:

No problem. I'm glad you uploaded at least something ;)

bah it didnt upload and i didnt notice it - reupploading the fix. (btw, should I be uploading patches or releases irght now?)