Visual Studio Team Explorer

May 11, 2008 at 11:02 PM
If I use VS Team Explorer it will add some bindings to the sln file which will cause some errors to users not using VS professional with Team Explorer installed.

Using Team explorer is easier than using SVNBridge, so I would prefer to do it that way. But if anyone working on this project is using VWD or can't install Team explore I'll stick with SVN.

Please let me know if adding the source control bindings to the solution file will disrupt your work.
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 1:02 AM
Downloading it now - btw i think you and I may be the only 2 people left... :/
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 4:09 AM
Uh.. the files didnt upload again through SVNBridge so I'm installing Team Explorer. I'll look up how to set it up but from my understanding you need to alter the web.config right?
May 12, 2008 at 9:14 AM
you shouldn't need to alter anything

VS should take care of all the changes for you
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 1:07 PM
I'm still in, just in the middle of a couple requirements; should be able to contribute later this month.  I'm not familiar w/ Team Explorer; reading up on it on the MS page it references a CAL requirement; is that on the server side (iow, handled by CodePlex) or is it something I"ll have to purchase?

Paul
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Edited May 12, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Is there anyway to delete whats already on codeplex? I'm having issues uploading because of whats already there.

Paul - no you don't have to buy anything. I believe its all handled by codeplex.
May 12, 2008 at 6:00 PM
ChanceUSC - you should be able to delete everything from the TeamExplorers "Source Code" window.
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Very cool - it has been uploaded with insert / update SPs and a few minor changes to the DB. If you see anything that needs to be altered / added in the DB  let me know or go ahead and change it.
May 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM
Is there a way to get Team Explorer to save my credentials?